The key words associated with the camp are fun, enjoyment, participation and skill development. Niall Bergin and his team of qualified GAA coaches work hard each year to create and implement a diverse programme aimed at developing the basic skills of hurling/camogie, gaelic football, rounders and handball in a fun-filled, friendly and energetic environment. Each morning the groups will work on developing the skills of each game through a range of drills and activities. In the afternoon the children will use these skills in mini-games where the emphasis is on participation and enjoyment. An exciting part of each week for the children is always the visit of a number of inter-county hurling, camogie and football stars who chat to the children about skill development and lifestyle as well as posing for photos and signing numerous jerseys, hurls, helmets and even arms!!
· The camp is open to all O’Loughlin Gaels club members, boys and girls aged 5-13 years.
· Each child will receive a quality sports pack with O’Loughlin Gaels gear.
· Camp begins at 10am with lunch from 12-12.30pm and finishes up at 2.30pm.
· We are really lucky to have the use of such great facilities in St. John’s Park with three pitches, a wall ball, two handball alleys and an indoor hall – which saves us from the sometimes unpredictable Irish weather!!
· The camp costs €60 per child for one week or €85 for two weeks. One sports pack per child included in this price.
· The dates for this year’s camp are:
Week 1: Tuesday August 5th – Saturday August 9th
Week 2: Monday August 11th – Friday August 15th
Application forms are available from club underage management, in the clubhouse itself, Kearns butchers, JJ Cullen butchers, St. John’s Quay Library and on the club website www.oloughlingaels.gaa.ie. Closing date for applications is Friday June 20th so get in early to avoid disappointment. Please note late applications cannot be guaranteed availability of sports pack.